Travel and Transportation
Travelling to Haynes Park
One way road system
- Please be aware that both lanes of the road from the A6 to the Haynes Park entry gate will be in a single direction at certain times only.
- In the morning both lanes will travel in the direction towards Haynes Park.
- On exiting, both lanes of Church End road will go towards direction of the A6.
- Please cooperate with traffic sevadars.
Travelling by Car
- Please obey speed limits and park where requested by sevadars.
- Do not leave children unattended in your car, even for a short time.
- All drivers and passengers are required to wear seatbelts, even whilst driving on the Estate.
- Please be patient when leaving the Estate as a large number of cars are departing at the same time. A waiting time of up to 45 minutes is possible.
- When travelling to and from Haynes Park by car please stick to the main roads and not take short cuts after leaving the motorway.
Extra traffic in villages is unpopular with local communities. Please help keep up the good name of our organization by using the main roads only.
From the South East of Haynes Park (e.g. Central, South East London & East Anglia)
- Use the A600 northwards towards Bedford, turning left after Shefford for Haynes Church End.
From Bedford or North East
- Use the A421, then take A6 south to Haynes Park. Do not approach via A600 south, as those attending are urged not to drive through Haynes village itself.
For Those Travelling by Taxi
List of local Taxi companies to be added later.
For Those Travelling by Chartered Coach
- Only coaches booked by Secretaries or National Co-ordinators and approved by Haynes Park will be allowed into the grounds.
- Please leave your belongings including mobile phones in your coach.
- Coach departure time is 1.15 pm.
- Please contact your local secretary or co-ordinator for information about coaches to and from Haynes Park.
Access by Public Transport
- There are limited train services to and from Bedford on Sundays, so please check the schedule.
- It will be necessary to take a taxi to Haynes Park from Bedford, Flitwick and Milton Keynes stations.
- There is no bus service to Haynes Park.
Travelling from Heathrow to London
- Heathrow Airport - www.heathrowairport.com - This gives you information about travelling into London from Heathrow Airport.
- Heathrow Express - www.heathrowexpress.com - Fast, frequent trains operate from Heathrow to London Paddington.
- London Underground - www.tfl.gov.uk - Piccadilly Line trains operate a frequent, cost-effective service into Central London.
Travelling from London to Bedford, Flitwick, Luton and Milton Keynes
- Bedford or Flitwick - Trains leave from London St Pancras station to Bedford operated by Thameslink and East Midland Railway. The trains depart approximately every 30 minutes and fares depend on time of travel.
- Milton Keynes - Trains leave from London Euston station to Milton Keynes operated by London NorthWestern and Avanti West Coast. They depart approximately every 30 minutes and fares depend on time of travel.
- Local Taxi Service is available at Milton Keynes, Flitwick and Bedford train stations for Haynes.
Travelling from Gatwick to London
- Gatwick Airport - www.gatwickairport.com - For up to date travel information please refer to this website. This gives you information about travelling into London from Gatwick Airport using the following services:
- Gatwick Express - www.gatwickexpress.com - Gatwick Express is the fastest rail link between the airport and Central London. Non-stop trains run to and from London Victoria every 15 minutes and take 30-35 minutes. Tickets can be bought in the terminals, at the station, or onboard at no extra cost.
- Thameslink - www.thameslink.co.uk - Services to London Bridge and St Pancras International run four times an hour with a journey time of between 30-45 minutes. This train then continues to Bedford.
Travelling from Luton Airport
Travelling from Stansted Airport
Thameslink - www.thameslink.co.uk - train from Luton Airport Parkway to Flitwick or Bedford.
National Express - www.nationalexpress.com - For up to date travel information please refer to this website to Luton and then the train to Flitwick or Bedford.