Special Needs Facilities (Contact your Secretary/Co-ordinator for details)
- A Special Needs area is provided for those members of the sangat who are aged, ill or infirm.
- Special Needs minibuses will collect sangat with special needs from Haynes Park coach and car parks collection points.
- Wheelchair users arriving by car will be directed to a special car park only if they display the National Satsang wheelchair user's car permit for 2018 obtainable through your Co-ordinator or Secretary.
- Wheelchair users must bring their own wheelchair (contact local charities if you need to borrow one)
- Simultaneous translation for those with special needs and Hearing Loop has been installed within the Special Needs area. To use this facility you must be a Special Needs badge holder (see your Secretary for details). You will also need a hearing aid with a T-switch.
- Any Special Needs person who requires assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied helper, aged 16 years or over.
- It can be cold in the satsang tent. Please dress appropriately, wear a warm jacket and shawl if required.
- The Mansion is closed to everyone except sevadars.
Food and Drink
- Drinking water is available throughout the site.
- A pre-packed lunch will be available after the programme at a cost £2.50 .
- Tea will be on sale before and after satsang at a cost 20p .
- You may eat any refreshments that you bring with you in the grounds.
- Please respect the environment and use the rubbish bins provided for your litter.
- Only medical problems arising on the day and urgent medical situations can be dealt with by the First Aid service. Those needing to administer their own medicine or nourishment (e.g. diabetics) should use the First Aid facilities.
- Visitors are strongly advised to travel with the appropriate medical insurance and the required medications. You are expected to take care of your own medical needs.
- Following hospitals are open 24hrs a day for emergencies:
Bedford, MK42 9DJ
Tel: +44 1234 355 122
Luton and Dunstable Hospital
Luton , LU4 0DZ
Tel: +44 1582 491 166
Milton Keynes General Hospital
Standing Way , Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire , MK6 5LD
Tel: +44 1908 660033
Lost Property and People
- Contact the Information Point.
- All unclaimed lost property will be disposed of one month after the event.
- Please do not carry mobile phones with you on the Estate as their use is strictly forbidden on site. Leave these in your car or coach. Failing that, they can be deposited in the baggage storage areas. Phones deposited at the baggage points can be collected only after satsang. Other electronic items, including audio & video recording devices, cameras, iPods/iPads, MP3 players and binoculars must not be brought or used on the Estate.
- Photography and either audio or video recording is strictly prohibited.
- Note taking is also prohibited.
- Only a small cushion or frameless folding seat and a ladies small handbag will be allowed into the Satsang Tent - no other bags, food or drinks will be permitted.
- Haynes Park is a no smoking area. This applies to tobacco and e-cigarettes.
- Pets should not be brought on site.
- One coin-operated public phone is available outside the Sports Hall.
- Books, pamphlets, tapes, CDs, DVDs and photos will be on sale after the satsang at the back of the tent.